There are several steps you can take to help guide you in selecting a surgeon:There are several steps you can take to help guide you in selecting a surgeon:
1. Ensure that the surgeon has certification from an accredited medical board such as the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery are all board-certified. Board certification requires lengthy and rigorous training, examinations and re-certification in specific procedures like facelift surgery that help ensure that the surgeon’s practice is safe and effective.
2. Take a look at the surgeon’s website to verify his or her experience in facelift (rhytidectomy) surgery, particularly in the procedure you are interested in.
3. Ask to see “Before” and “After” photos, especially those that show the results over the long term. This will give you a good idea of how much, and what kind of changes you can expect to see following surgery.
4. Ask the number of times you can expect to see your actual surgeon following the completion of your operation, as opposed to a medical assistant.
5. Once you’ve selected a surgeon, book a consultation. Throughout this consultation it’s vital that you feel at ease, comfortable, and free to ask questions or raise any concerns you may have. The surgeon should discuss the most appropriate options for you based on your budget and the improvements you hope to see achieved.
By carrying out research you will not only become more aware of what’s feasible and improve your chances of getting the facelift results you desire, but will feel more empowered in your decisions.
For more details visit: www/imageclinic.org